one thing after another

For General Chat about anything and everything.
Stormy
Site Admin

one thing after another

Post by Stormy »

Today I was doing a bit of painting and was up the steps, when they suddenly gave way. When I picked myself up, I realised that apart from banging my head- not badly -there was pain at the back of my leg. I looked - and then looked away. A dirty great gash. I shouted for Kath, she took one look and said "Hospital job, I'm afraid." She covered it with lint held in place by a bandage and off I went to A&E with my face mask. The first thing they did was take my temperature. There weren't many people waiting but it was still a two hour wait. So the very nice nurse stitched it up for me. I get the stitches out in a fortnight, hopefully the practice nurse will do this, I wouldn't like to queue again at A&E just to get the stitches out. Now that my walking capabilities have been fully restored following my recent problem, I find it hurts when I walk but hopefully this will pass when it settles down. I could have done without this!
Protestors are much more violently opposed to fur than they are to leather. Why? Because it's much easier to hassle rich women than bikers.

Anya

Re: one thing after another

Post by Anya »

Honestly - Stormy !!! Can't let you out of my sight for ONE MINUTE !!!!!
:smiles:

Stormy
Site Admin

Post by Stormy »

Rang the GP surgery this morning and the nurse will take the stitches out on Jun 4th. Pleased about that, didn't want to queue in A&E for hours!
Protestors are much more violently opposed to fur than they are to leather. Why? Because it's much easier to hassle rich women than bikers.

Downlander

Post by Downlander »

Could have been a lot worse Stormy, I hope you get your walking boots back on soon.
You Are What You Think.....
Not What You Think You Are.....

Stormy
Site Admin

Post by Stormy »

Indeed it could. Could have ruptured a blood vessel. Fortunately it hardly bled at all.

etcetera

Post by etcetera »

Stormy wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:57 pm
I could have done without this!
I'll bet!! Why do I get the impression that you're somewhat accident prone, Stormy?

Stormy
Site Admin

Post by Stormy »

What? Wherever did you get that impression? Last time I did anything similar was about 10 years ago. I was in the Lake District and coming down from Haystacks, I tripped and fell, opening up a large gash below my knee. Went to Whitehaven A&E and had it stitched. Considering the enormous amount of climbing and trekking I've done since my early teens not only in the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales and Moors but also Scotland and Wales, even the Nepal Himalayas, Annapurna and Everest base camps, up to around 18,000 feet, that's not a bad record.

etcetera

Post by etcetera »

I do beg your pardon.

Stormy
Site Admin

Post by Stormy »

Not a problem! DIY is infinitely more dangerous.

Old Peculier

Post by Old Peculier »

GWS Stormy. :holymoly: