It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trans Madness
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 am 

- Body Dysmorphic Disorder - is an even bigger nonsense. Adopted to try and give the thing a quasi scientific aura.

Some people may feel they were born in the wrong body and they need help. That is not a 'syndrome'. It is a physiological issue, for them.

The sad reality is that quite a few who receive full gender reassignment, with great pain to themselves and often - at great financial cost to the rest of us - very quickly decide they want to be put back to their previous gender. More than once.

Clearly indicating the problem is psychological. Not physiological.

Over the past years, The Tavistock Clinic reported a sizeable increase in people approaching them, mainly because the subject had been opened up for discussion. After one single sessions, almost all those who had approached the clinic decided they would not pursue further.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:10 pm 

The NHS page I linked to explores some of the possible causes of gender dysphoria.

Whatever the cause/s are there are many thousands of people with this condition, in some shape or form.

So how should social policy be adapted to take account of them? Some people seem to take the view that they should be left to stew. Ignored, not talked about (especially to children), shunned almost... unless they completely hide their true nature in order to conform. Homosexuality was once treated in the same way of course and some people seem to want to go back to those times.

But why? Why do some people find it so hard to simply accept people for what they are? To make some small changes to accommodate such things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am 

It is the mass hysteria that many people find miserable.

Happens all the time, with passing fads and trends.

A few years later, we wonder how it could possibly have been allowed to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 am 

I don't think people who want to accommodate it are hysterical at all - it's the people who get angry about it who are the ones getting all hot under the collar. For some reason.

Talking about madness, nonsense, screaming for attention, fantasy, vortex of destruction and writing to MPs.

I'm completely calm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:40 pm 

The people who scream about all those passing fads and trends are not even aware they are both fanatical and hysterical.

Until the next fad turns up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:43 pm 

Oddly enough you sound like you're one who gets wound up, not the calm people who just want to help people be accepted for what they are.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:42 pm 

The present transgender hysteria will cause terrible harm to those who are children today but will not become evident for many years.

By which time many other mindless hysterical fads and bandwagons will have come and gone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, children can be very impressionable. Yet the thing about this that is so absolutely wrong, is that the vast majority can be upset by the PC pandering to a tiny minority, in the shape of so called gender neutral toilets. Actually, it's women, rather than men who find it extremely unacceptable that people who are biologically men share these facilities - although vice versa is also true. I'd never come across anything like it, until last week. I was in a car park - and having paid and placed the ticket on my windscreen, I looked for toilets - which were located near the exit. When I got there, there were 3 doors. On each door was both a male and a female figure. I decided that I wasn't desperate, I'd find a proper gents, elsewhere. I waited around the exit and observed for a bit, the place was really crowded. Several others, both male and female, approached the toilets, took one look at the signs, mouthed something that was probably a profanity - and turned their backs on the facility.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:33 pm 

Do you mean there were three separate private spaces that could be used either by men or women or trans?

Isn't that arrangement what you have at home? Maybe not three.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Still trying to defend the indefensible, I see. Whatever arrangements we have in our homes, are definitely NOT open to the general public! Actually we do have three. One in the en suite, one in the bathroom and one downstairs. A bit of overkill, as there's only two of us!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 pm 

But if the three gender-neutral loos are private cubicles, why does it matter to you if a woman has used it?

I don't get it. I would and have used loos that men have also used. As long as they are clean etc, what really is the problem??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

I have no idea whether there were 3 seperate private spaces and wasn't about to find out. Neither were others. Public toilets always have been - and should continue to be, gender specific. This is not just my opinion, many people are incensed by the very idea of so called gender neutral toilets. It's a very bad idea for a multiplicity of reasons, the more obvious ones not being hard to guess.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm 

Have you used an airline toilet? They are for anyone. So are most train toilets - if there's one working at all.

My local café has one toilet for everyone. That's common now.

You go in and lock the door!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Not the same thing is it?? The situations you refer to are the way they are, because of practicality and cost. A public toilets in one of our towns or cities is a very different kettle of fish. For one thing, they are much larger, there may be upwards to a dozen or even more seperate cubicles, there will be washbasins - and a lot of open space between the cubicles and the washbasins. Then there's the major difference between a ladies and a gents, inasmuch, for reasons of practicality, a gents will also incorporate urinals. There may be disabled toilets and baby changing facilities.
No one objects to the way things are on aircraft etc, because when there's only one loo, irrespective of whether it's a man or a woman, as you say, you can lock the door. Not an environment for sexual predators to easily exploit, whereas in the latter people (especially women) have registered their firm opposition to gender neutral toilets, because it makes it much easier for such people.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:13 am 

I don't think public toilets are necessarily larger with lots of space. Councils are spending less on such things - if there's a toilet at all it's more likely to be small, maybe even a unisex superloo.

The three car park toilets you mention must surely have been separate cubicles. It wouldn't make sense to have three doors going into a larger shared space with lots of other toilets inside. So, I don't get the problem.

If they have space/money for three, they could have had male/female/gender neutral I suppose. The latter being adapted for disabled. But having all unisex does mean that you don't get the problem of people queuing outside one when another is empty. When I see women in a long queue while men hop in and out quickly my immediate thought is to use the gents myself and have done with it. I don't do that now but as a student I sometimes did, in colleges. There's an M&S near me that has a M and F pair of cubicle loos and I often see women using the men's, to save time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 am 

The whole situation is resolving itself.

Children and young people are unhappy about single gender toilets, so are their parents. So are many many people.

Very different from a store where one single toilet is available, usually 'disabled'. With cameras in the areas approaching the toilet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:55 pm 

There's no hard and fast rule and I'm sure different places will have a different way of doing things. But gender neutral loos - either instead of, or as well as male/female ones - are becoming more and more prevalent and plenty of people are fine with that.

If a male sexual predator wants to go into a 'Ladies' loo - he can you know. He can just walk in, sign or no sign.

Some parents like gender-neutral because it means parents of any gender can accompany children of any gender instead of waiting outside.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:14 pm 

A male sexual predator creeping into female only facilities stands out like a sore p ... thunb.

A male sexual predator entitled to walk into single gender facilities, at quiet times, is a highly dangerous situation.

There will be enough assaults, then the hysterical ones will focus onto the next trend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 pm 

I'm afraid a door marked Ladies does nothing to keep anyone out, unless it's a locked cubicle.
Someone prepared to commit a sexual offence is hardly likely to be bothered about going into a female facility.

They could also pose as a plumber or cleaner - plenty of loos I've been in have a sign saying male and female cleaning staff might enter at any time. The other day I was in the female ones at Cannon Street and there was a very big man in there, apparently fixing a loo. I guess he could have been anyone though.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think gender-neutral loos are dangerous and lady ones are safe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm 

Give it time. There is already great public unhappiness about this latest fad.

There are so many important issues in life. Why do lefties always choose inane nonsense for their latest hysteria?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:04 pm 

I regret to inform you that you are not the arbiter of what constitutes 'inane nonsense'. The decision rests with others.

So you may as well stop being such a snowflake about it. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 am 

Lighthouse wrote:
I regret to inform you that you are not the arbiter of what constitutes 'inane nonsense'. The decision rests with others.

So you may as well stop being such a snowflake about it. 8-)

It must be wonderful to be so self-assured that everything you say is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:51 am 

What is it about the hard of thinking right that they get so exercised about something that doesn't impinge on their life in the slightest?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

As has been pointed out - and as you should know, because there has been plenty of publicity, many people across the board, of all political colours and none have been objecting to gender neutral toilets for reasons that should be obvious. Especially women. Indeed, many parents have threatened to remove their children from schools, where this is being promoted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:03 pm 

What's wrong with having some gender neutral toilets and some of the traditional style. Then everyone's happy. Aren't they...? Choose the loo for you.

From what I see, gender neutral loos are separate cubicles with floor to ceiling walls, with no urinals. Possibly a shared sink area, or maybe just sinks inside each loo. It's not like everyone's widdling away in full view.