It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

But unlikely to appear before any court, to be brought to justice.......
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/c ... ed%3Afalse

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02 pm 

Someone jumped to conclusions didn't they?
Cats and foxes usually treat each other with mutual respect.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:28 pm 

Initially, the veterinary pathologist concluded that the cause of death was blunt force trauma, and that the bodies had been dissected with a sharp instrument. Now the same vet has re-examined the bodies and found puncture wounds he had not noticed before, concluding they were likely to have been hit by cars and then scavenged by foxes.

Hmmm, the vet examined six cats and missed puncture wounds each time?! Not sure I buy this. Sounds grossly incompetent if true.

It does sound likely that some of these cats could have been hit by cars and later picked up by foxes, but all of them?

I reserve judgement.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:07 am 

Some years ago my much-loved elderly cat somehow slipped out of the front door and went missing. I was frantic. I put notes through all the doors of the neighbourhood, posters on the streetlamps and so on, and spent the next two days and nights calling her with no result.

Early on the third night/morning about 4am I went out again, took my dog to a little park down the road, and as I was returning I saw two animals in my street hanging around bin bags, put out for collection day. I caught my breath. One was a fox ... the other ... was her!

There was absolutely no tension between the two animals. I felt absolutely no threat towards my beloved cat from that fox.

I managed to coax her towards me, grabbed her and she is still here, several years later at the grand old age of twentyplus!

Attachment:
IMG_20180527_193508.jpg
IMG_20180527_193508.jpg [ 85.88 KiB | Viewed 214 times ]

Bertrand Russell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm 

Much more likely to get aggravation between two cats than a cat and a fox.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Well there are a lot more urban foxes than there used to be, and foxes can - and sometimes do - kill cats. But to suggest that all these ritualistic killings of cats, rabbits - and sometimes foxes themselves - are down to foxes is ridiculous.

Statement from S.N.A.R.L. (South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty) who have been intensively investigating these killings.

The cats who have been decapitated have had their heads removed in exactly the same manner and place each time. Where we have recovered both head and body, the same small part is missing from each.
We find it difficult to understand how foxes can replicate this perfectly across a range of victims across a vast geographical area.
What has also not been explained is why we have no cases in Scotland or Wales, Devon, East Anglia, Suffolk, Rutland, etc given that we have rescue and lost and found contacts there who would notify us if bodies were found.
In Sussex, there was a case where a rabbit was killed and his body displayed in the same manner as the cats and rabbits and foxes we have attended in other areas. His injuries were a match to these other victims. His liver was placed at the bottom of the garden on a raised stone next to the shed, with a trail of fur leading to it. The next night, the owner’s locked catflap was kicked in and the victim’s collar placed on the stone his liver had been. That’s not foxes.
In West Wickham, a cat’s collar was returned five months after the cat was killed. That’s not foxes.
In Watford, a rabbit was killed and six months later, his head was returned to his garden and found by his owner. It was pristine and looked like it had just happened. This wasn’t reported to Police as she was disgusted by their response when reporting the incident. That’s not foxes.
Early on in the investigation, two years ago, a headless cat was found near his home in Morland Road, Addiscombe. The cat’s head was found in Dalmally Road, upright, in the centre of the garden. The body was missing the same, small piece we had already noted on other victims.
All four of these victims had injuries identical to those seen elsewhere. If foxes are responsible for the others, then how have they managed all of this? If foxes are responsible for all of the others but not the ones mentioned above, how is it that the injuries are identical?
Finally, we decided to visibly monitor an area where there had been a spate of attacks over an extended period. In the 10 months since that started, there have been no further incidents in that area. There have however been attacks just outside that area.
For all of these reasons, we have taken a collective decision this afternoon to continue with the investigation. We now have the skills within our extended team to cover most of what police would be doing anyway.
The police have stated today that they have never had a full time officer assigned to the case, so we are wondering now how much time has actually been spent trying to solve this.
That said, we also know of some exceptional police work done at the start of this case and would like to thank the officers who worked on it.
Finally, our thoughts are with owners tonight who have been confronted by this news without any prior warning. We have tried to get hold of as many of you as possible but if we haven’t got hold of you yet our apologies, we have been inundated and are doing our best under very difficult circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

I think what this shows at the end of the day, is that the police sometimes like to wrap things up. Sometimes on the weakest of evidence - as in the case of the Birmingham Six, for example. Doubtless, there is evidence that foxes? or could it be domesticated (or more likely, feral) dogs have carried out some - but not all - of these attacks? Yet the evidence also shows that the Croydon Cat Killer is definitely human - and still out there.