It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:34 am
Posts: 4653
Dear me !!! Those terrible Tories and those terrible Telecoms !!!

Corbynisky and his cronies stuck in a Stalinist hell, going back to the 1930s.

Because Uncle Jozef produced such happy and prosperous times.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 am
Posts: 5123
Location: Mid Devon
Anya wrote:
Dear me !!! Those terrible Tories and those terrible Telecoms !!!

Corbynisky and his cronies stuck in a Stalinist hell, going back to the 1930s.

Because Uncle Jozef produced such happy and prosperous times.

Dear me!!! The usual irrelevant gibberish. Why not try actually composing a sensible answer to my informed response to your last post.

_________________
“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
Douglas Adams


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
Because she doesn't have one.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:34 am
Posts: 4653
Sorry KE. Your eternal, repetitive, inane rants do not merit a two word response. Unless those two words are:

!!!!!! ABSOLUTE TOSH !!!!!!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
You haven't got a single point to make have you.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 4123
The trouble with you left wingeing loony losers is that you believe only your version of the referendum.

Everyone that voted had to have a reason to either vote one way or the other, didn't they?
They were not brain washed like in your utopia 'Russia'... they had a choice and took it.

Your trouble is, that the result was not what you wanted so you remoan and you don't give people the credit who made up their own minds like they did and voted. (if they didn't vote hard sh1t)

Just because you don't like it you go on and on like a broken record.

We are leaving and that's that...

Lets have another vote but this time on democracy and see which on wins....Yes for democracy or No against it. Any bets on that one?

_________________

iMac, iPad iPhone7 and MacBook Air, pretty much MAC-ed out.

Definitely the major cause of Terrorism is the Muslim faith.
White lives Matter...
Whipitquick



Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 am
Posts: 5123
Location: Mid Devon
whipitquick wrote:
The trouble with you left wingeing loony losers is that you believe only your version of the referendum.

Everyone that voted had to have a reason to either vote one way or the other, didn't they?
They were not brain washed like in your utopia 'Russia'... they had a choice and took it.

Your trouble is, that the result was not what you wanted so you remoan and you don't give people the credit who made up their own minds like they did and voted. (if they didn't vote hard sh1t)

Just because you don't like it you go on and on like a broken record.

We are leaving and that's that...

Lets have another vote but this time on democracy and see which on wins....Yes for democracy or No against it. Any bets on that one?

If you were not so utterly uncomprehending, you would realise characterising remainers as left wingeing loony losers flies completely in the face of reality - there are both on both sides and Labour's position is not a million miles removed from the Tories. So why bother to do it? Is it all your abject mind can cope with? Trying to slot something into old divisions even when it doesn't fit? It just renders anything else you might have to say (not much, granted) irrelevant.

_________________
“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
Douglas Adams


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 4123
king edward wrote:
whipitquick wrote:
The trouble with you left wingeing loony losers is that you believe only your version of the referendum.

Everyone that voted had to have a reason to either vote one way or the other, didn't they?
They were not brain washed like in your utopia 'Russia'... they had a choice and took it.

Your trouble is, that the result was not what you wanted so you remoan and you don't give people the credit who made up their own minds like they did and voted. (if they didn't vote hard sh1t)

Just because you don't like it you go on and on like a broken record.

We are leaving and that's that...

Lets have another vote but this time on democracy and see which on wins....Yes for democracy or No against it. Any bets on that one?

If you were not so utterly uncomprehending, you would realise characterising remainers as left wingeing loony losers flies completely in the face of reality - there are both on both sides and Labour's position is not a million miles removed from the Tories. So why bother to do it? Is it all your abject mind can cope with? Trying to slot something into old divisions even when it doesn't fit? It just renders anything else you might have to say (not much, granted) irrelevant.


There speaks the left wing distributor of diatribe, par exsalonce .
It's only meant for the looney lefties on this forum, who continually want to fight against democratic voting and continually give excuses, why everyone who voted leave didn't know why they did.. :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

_________________

iMac, iPad iPhone7 and MacBook Air, pretty much MAC-ed out.

Definitely the major cause of Terrorism is the Muslim faith.
White lives Matter...
Whipitquick



Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
Why maybe. In general terms...but not how and we need the how.

What trade terms with the EU did you think you voted for? They account for 45% of our exports so it's important. Quite a lot of the remaining 55% is on EU trade terms too, because of the deals the EU has with third countries.

What trade/customs controls on the EU/UK borders did you vote for? Including Ireland.

It probably didn't even cross your mind.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 am
Posts: 318
Location: North Herts
Lighthouse wrote:
Why maybe. In general terms...but not how and we need the how.

What trade terms with the EU did you think you voted for? They account for 45% of our exports so it's important. Quite a lot of the remaining 55% is on EU trade terms too, because of the deals the EU has with third countries.

What trade/customs controls on the EU/UK borders did you vote for? Including Ireland.

It probably didn't even cross your mind.

Must have done, not far to travel.

_________________
Parliament is supposed to be serious. It's not a place for jingoistic cheering. Jeremy Corbyn


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 4123
Purwell wrote:
Lighthouse wrote:
Why maybe. In general terms...but not how and we need the how.

What trade terms with the EU did you think you voted for? They account for 45% of our exports so it's important. Quite a lot of the remaining 55% is on EU trade terms too, because of the deals the EU has with third countries.

What trade/customs controls on the EU/UK borders did you vote for? Including Ireland.

It probably didn't even cross your mind.

Must have done, not far to travel.


Are you married to KE.
You sound like his parrot.. :laughitup:

Nothing but insults and more diatribe.. :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

_________________

iMac, iPad iPhone7 and MacBook Air, pretty much MAC-ed out.

Definitely the major cause of Terrorism is the Muslim faith.
White lives Matter...
Whipitquick



Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 am
Posts: 318
Location: North Herts
whipitquick wrote:
Purwell wrote:
Lighthouse wrote:
Why maybe. In general terms...but not how and we need the how.

What trade terms with the EU did you think you voted for? They account for 45% of our exports so it's important. Quite a lot of the remaining 55% is on EU trade terms too, because of the deals the EU has with third countries.

What trade/customs controls on the EU/UK borders did you vote for? Including Ireland.

It probably didn't even cross your mind.

Must have done, not far to travel.


Are you married to KE.
You sound like his parrot.. :laughitup:

Nothing but insults and more diatribe.. :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Please keep up your interesting contributions, they add so much to the matter under discussion.

_________________
Parliament is supposed to be serious. It's not a place for jingoistic cheering. Jeremy Corbyn


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 4123
http://www.animatedimages.org/data/medi ... e-0057.gif

_________________

iMac, iPad iPhone7 and MacBook Air, pretty much MAC-ed out.

Definitely the major cause of Terrorism is the Muslim faith.
White lives Matter...
Whipitquick



Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 4567
Location: Pembrokeshire
Lighthouse wrote:
There's been a co-ordinated attack on Corbyn by the right wing and centrist media for a long time now - they are terrified he will win power and polls show that he might. Especially as Brexit is a debacle.

I am confused. Was it not Gordon Brown Labour government treasury Minster ,who stated after the Government of Brown was "removed" told the in coming Government that the "Cupboard was bare"https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/09/liam-byrne-apology-letter-there-is-no-money-labour-general-election
Policy's that are "made up" at Party gathering's are more certain to be un-workable, and will as the then Treasury minster stated "cost the Country dear".

As for the Brexit debacle, I am inclined to agree it's a shambles, but that in the main has been due to "Party politics" in both Labour and Conservatives (forget Cable and his dreams) and the Bureaucrats in Brussels being very concerned at the UK leaving. But in the main it's because Politicians have not listened and realised that Democracy is about the will of the people.

_________________
Drake he's his hammock till the great Armadas come, slung atween the round shot, listenin' for the drum, Captain, art tha sleepin' there below.!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
The Byrne note was a joke in a tradition of outgoing Treasury ministers, as I've mentioned many times.

What was the democratic will of the people regarding the Irish border. Remind me.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:05 am
Posts: 3563
Location: Cambridgeshire
Lighthouse wrote:
Why maybe. In general terms...but not how and we need the how.

What trade terms with the EU did you think you voted for? They account for 45% of our exports so it's important. Quite a lot of the remaining 55% is on EU trade terms too, because of the deals the EU has with third countries.

What trade/customs controls on the EU/UK borders did you vote for? Including Ireland.

It probably didn't even cross your mind.

On the contrary, I think it crossed a lot of people's minds but the vote was either remain or leave.
Everyone who I know who voted leave thought long and hard about the implications before voting as they did.

So unlike those who I know voted to remain who gave the idea of leaving no thought at all.

_________________
"Anyone who thinks that the economy of a nation that once led the largest empire in history will be suddenly laid to ruin upon leaving the EU is greatly mistaken". Winston Peters


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
I voted Remain and identified a great long list of problems that would arise after a leave vote. One being how the border with Ireland would work if we left the customs union. What was the will of the people on that according to the leave voters you know?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:05 am
Posts: 3563
Location: Cambridgeshire
Lighthouse wrote:
I voted Remain and identified a great long list of problems that would arise after a leave vote. One being how the border with Ireland would work if we left the customs union. What was the will of the people on that according to the leave voters you know?

Yes I do know.
The will of the people was to leave the EU in its entirety as described by the government at the time.

_________________
"Anyone who thinks that the economy of a nation that once led the largest empire in history will be suddenly laid to ruin upon leaving the EU is greatly mistaken". Winston Peters


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
But if that means leaving the single market and customs union, it creates a customs barrier at any border between the UK (including Northern Ireland) and the EU (including the RoI). Causing problems for trade, the peace process, the DUP and so on.

So the will of the people can't just stop at Leave, it must come up with solutions to make it work. As it can't do that, we have to see what May comes up with in a few weeks time.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 4567
Location: Pembrokeshire
Lighthouse wrote:
I voted Remain and identified a great long list of problems that would arise after a leave vote. One being how the border with Ireland would work if we left the customs union. What was the will of the people on that according to the leave voters you know?

With the greatest of respect, who would in any way believed you voted in anyway different :wink4:
But the sad fact is as more and more information "is given a Public hearing" it appears to a growing number "that the fastest we can leave the Failing EU the better". But that's of course IMHO.
But another little snippet of concern (to those effected)
I read today (sorry can't post quote) that in Romania (90% Poll agrees) which went to the Polls yesterday, subject being:-
Referendum as to the term "Marriage. If won it will mean that only Man and Woman can use the term "we are Married" . Seems a step backwards as to the EU being a fair minded group, and although the EU "Government" has criticised the Referendum, there seems nothing they can do to halt or change it. The slow march of the Far Right continues.

_________________
Drake he's his hammock till the great Armadas come, slung atween the round shot, listenin' for the drum, Captain, art tha sleepin' there below.!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:05 am
Posts: 3563
Location: Cambridgeshire
Lighthouse wrote:
But if that means leaving the single market and customs union, it creates a customs barrier at any border between the UK (including Northern Ireland) and the EU (including the RoI). Causing problems for trade, the peace process, the DUP and so on.

So the will of the people can't just stop at Leave, it must come up with solutions to make it work. As it can't do that, we have to see what May comes up with in a few weeks time.

A small point created solely by the EU, entirely in their own hands and nothing to do with the UK position.
The will of the people to leave is not affected in anyway except by undemocratic people trying to overrule the referendum..... UK's largest democratic decision and where every vote had equal value.

_________________
"Anyone who thinks that the economy of a nation that once led the largest empire in history will be suddenly laid to ruin upon leaving the EU is greatly mistaken". Winston Peters


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 12485
But the DUP are not the EU and they won't accept some of the practical suggestions to solve this issue. They are threatening to withdraw support from the government and you know what that means.

The Good Friday Agreement is also not just an EU matter.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 4567
Location: Pembrokeshire
Lighthouse wrote:
But the DUP are not the EU and they won't accept some of the practical suggestions to solve this issue. They are threatening to withdraw support from the government and you know what that means.

The Good Friday Agreement is also not just an EU matter.

And now you have answered the question of why at this time the present Government is all sorts of problems. It's simply, when a minor league Parties make up enough to threaten the ruling Party, that's when your hear their voices loud and clear. It's what's happening with SNP the present leader lost a number of seats last time round and needs to "make a noise" as does people like Cable the Lib/Dem leader, who is finished but he does not know it yet.

_________________
Drake he's his hammock till the great Armadas come, slung atween the round shot, listenin' for the drum, Captain, art tha sleepin' there below.!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:58 pm
Posts: 3570
Location: West Yorkshire. UK
Wolf,

...Referendum as to the term "Marriage. If won it will mean that only Man and Woman can use the term "we are Married" . Seems a step backwards as to the EU being a fair minded group,...

I think this is a very important subject.

And I agree that only a man and a woman should be allowed to use the term Married.

It is part the historic service.

I do wish for every couple to have full equal rights in homosexual partnerships.

But not the use of the word married.

It implies that one of the parties is male and the other female.

It really is that simple.

Dave.

_________________
Once in love you're never out of danger.
One hot night spent with a stranger.
All you wanted was somebody to hold on to.

Passion.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Corbyn's Pilgrimage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 4567
Location: Pembrokeshire
The other Dave. wrote:
Wolf,

...Referendum as to the term "Marriage. If won it will mean that only Man and Woman can use the term "we are Married" . Seems a step backwards as to the EU being a fair minded group,...

I think this is a very important subject.

And I agree that only a man and a woman should be allowed to use the term Married.

It is part the historic service.

I do wish for every couple to have full equal rights in homosexual partnerships.

But not the use of the word married.

It implies that one of the parties is male and the other female.

It really is that simple.

Dave.

Dave,
OK I will give on that and think (as a person of long linage) that your right. The word has not only an implication as to "a bond" but in many ways has a Religious overtone. The point I was trying to make was about Culture and the need to blend, as to many people moving home but wanting to keep their own Culture.

_________________
Drake he's his hammock till the great Armadas come, slung atween the round shot, listenin' for the drum, Captain, art tha sleepin' there below.!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group