It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Novichoc
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 am 

Here we go again. No one is saying how these people came in contact with it. The Russkies are saying that it is trying to deflect it from the World Cup, I surmise they found they delivery instrument in the park where Sergi was discovered. However that discludes the theory it was on his doorknob.
It is great being a "pretend" detective.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Novichoc
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 pm 

Seems very odd. Are we to believe someone stumbled on the remains of a discarded stash of Russian nerve-agent that's been sitting around somewhere all this time, retaining potency? Even though everyone's been on high alert since the Skripals. I suppose it's just possible. We will just have to wait and see but I'm sceptical any of us will ever know the truth of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am 

Having spent 40 years eyeball to eyeball with the Russians (they blinked!) I venture to suggest that they are a bit more subtle than this!

Putin, whatever else he may be, is no fool.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 am 

There's something definitely fishy about this. Putin is not a likeable person but he is not stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 am 

Putin did not deliver the stuff - personally.

Have to wait for the evidence.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm 

It strikes me that one of the bodies best placed to prepare and deliver such materials is also best placed to cover its tracks . Not all civil servants are either loyal or incorruptible

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:54 pm 

It is being assumed that if Russians are responsible, then Putin has given the ok.

Not necessarily so, Skripal was an officer in Soviet military intelligence (GRU) and he comprehensively betrayed his former comrades. The GRU officers he identified to MI6 were almost all former soldiers.

It is not beyond belief that some section or persons of the betrayed military, decided to take revenge on the person who betrayed them. It would also explain the slapdash way the operation was carried out. A state sponsored action would I think have been far more clinical.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:11 am 
Site Admin

One of the most recent victims, Dawn Sturgess, has died.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:34 pm 

A bit confusing having a thread on this here & in General.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:04 am 

Breaking news is that Police are claiming they have identified Russians responsible for the Novichok attack in Wiltshire. Local images on CCTV have been cross checked with airport records of people entering the country around that time and more than one Russian has been identified.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 am 
Site Admin

Just a few weeks ago, my wife and I were in that area near Salisbury Cathedral, where the bottle containing the novichok was allegedly picked up. I wonder if this was before the two latest victims acquired it - and if so, how close we might have been to where it was lying. Maybe best not to know!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 am 

Why is it up to the US to impose sanctions on Russia for the poisoning in the UK?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:57 am 
Site Admin

Stcetera,

Does the term 'posturing, contrite (or his version of---having had a new one ripped after his last display) blowhard bag of bubbling pus desperate to deflect and distract' mean anything to you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:11 pm 

Excellent work by our Police and others has concluded in identifying the Russians responsible for the heinous Novichok attack in Salisbury. Astonishing amount of detail about the killers movements gleaned from studying thousands of hours of CCTV. Arrest warrants have been issued but we are unlikely to see the killers in court anytime soon, as they ran back to mother Russia immediately after using the Russian killing agent.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:17 pm 

The band played "Believe It If You Like" because I for one don't!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 pm 

as they ran back to mother Russia immediately after using the Russian killing agent.

The only sensible thing to do. They were under orders just as our own operatives ate.

Do you think it a coincidence that this announcement was made just when an acrimonious Brexit debate was restarting?

It should not be forgotten that this man was a traitor to his country, even worse, as a GRU officer he betrayed his comrades. Do you think our own SAS would have behaved any differently?

He is no different to Philby, Mac'ean et al and they should have suffered the same fate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 am 

Skirpal is entitled to be safe from the Russian state, after they freed him from their prisons and exchanged him for a Russian spy in 2006 .

Sensible folk are far from happy seeing Russians deploying extremely dangerous nerve agents on our streets, endangering innocent people in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:54 am 

laurie 53 wrote:
[b]
Do you think it a coincidence that this announcement was made just when an acrimonious Brexit debate was restarting?

I do not believe there is any connection between Brexit and the release of news relating to the Novichok attack.

I do however worry about people who think there is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:59 am 

The problem some people (including me) have is that we are not privy to the evidence and so we have to take the news on trust. On trust from the most dishonest, shambolic, incompetent government in modern British history.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 am 

king edward wrote:
The problem some people (including me) have is that we are not privy to the evidence and so we have to take the news on trust. On trust from the most dishonest, shambolic, incompetent government in modern British history.

Our police and security services have done a magnificent job discovering the series of events relating to this case, and they have released so much about the investigation.

However I wouldn't expect someone like you to believe or support anything that our country achieves,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 am 

Ooh! I'm such an unpatriotic traitor! Slap my wrists!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:06 pm 

king edward wrote:

I agree with you there and I'm still not convinced Russia had anything to do with this attack.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

king edward wrote:

Well, it still has some way to go, before it matches the records of previous labour maladministrations. Unfortunately the Tory party has been infiltrated by lefties. Why else do we have such shocking things as the state of our prisons, the running down of our police force - sorry service - you're not allowed to call it a force any more! Military budgets slashed - while we hand out an obscene amount in foreign aid, much of which goes into the pockets of corrupt officials in the target countries. The huge white elephant of HS2. Unrestricted immigration and last but not least a pusillanimous failure to implement the democratic decision of our citizens over Brexit. Of course, that's not over until the fat lady sings but it's not looking too promising at the moment! More than two years have past and we've got almost nowhere. Politicians of all colours have lost the will to act decisively to confront the numerous elephants that are currently in our room.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:26 pm 

Stormy wrote:
king edward wrote:

Well, it still has some way to go, before it matches the records of previous labour maladministrations. Unfortunately the Tory party has been infiltrated by lefties. Why else do we have such shocking things as the state of our prisons, the running down of our police force - sorry service - you're not allowed to call it a force any more! Military budgets slashed - while we hand out an obscene amount in foreign aid, much of which goes into the pockets of corrupt officials in the target countries. The huge white elephant of HS2. Unrestricted immigration and last but not least a pusillanimous failure to implement the democratic decision of our citizens over Brexit. Of course, that's not over until the fat lady sings but it's not looking too promising at the moment! More than two years have past and we've got almost nowhere. Politicians of all colours have lost the will to act decisively to confront the numerous elephants that are currently in our room.

You would much prefer a government containing fascists then?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:31 pm 

Is Russia yet another indefensible that must be defended?

What I don't understand, if the two Ruskies did coat the door handle with the deadly stuff, how did they not get it on themselves?