Should do Better.

Current Affairs, Religion and Politics - as before. Please refrain from personal attacks on members who may hold a different viewpoint from you. Don't Rock the Boat!
Downlander

Should do Better.

Post by Downlander »

I ventured out of my rural retreat today and went to one of our coastal towns to visit a Boots store to see a roving Optician who was doing "emergency" appointments. A very large store, there were only 5 or 6 customers allowed inside. I was held outside by a security guard until one of the customers left the store. On the face of it ultra cautious procedure, were it not for the fact that the security chap was positioned in such a manner as to require everyone going in or out to walk extremely close to him, plus he wasn't wearing a mask. He was surely a prime candidate for catching and passing on the virus. Boots should do better !!!
You Are What You Think.....
Not What You Think You Are.....

Lighthouse

Re: Should do Better.

Post by Lighthouse »

It does seem risky for him, I wonder if they offered him a mask or told him he could stay further back. Or didn't think about his safety.

Haven't been in my local Boots to know what they're doing. Employers are supposed to be considering distancing issues for staff.

Anya

Post by Anya »

Does seem lax of Boots, of ALL the stores they should know better.

Supermarkets, garden and other stores around here very careful and helpful. Then I am standing in front of a shelf and some daft bloke seven foot tall reaches right over me.
:smiles:

tuesdays child

Post by tuesdays child »

So, why did you not DO something?

Downlander

Post by Downlander »

tuesdays child wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:56 pm
So, why did you not DO something?
Quite right TC, I should have done . :dcry: I think I was more concerned about my urgent appointment.
You Are What You Think.....
Not What You Think You Are.....