It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Being fired
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 pm 

Being fired

In 1991 I was fired from the Philips company like a lot of other people.
I didn’t like that because I had a nice job at the architects office Intarco. During my carrier I had been sent to Saudie Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Ghana.

When I lost my job at Philips I had to find something else I was interested in.
I like traveling and working in developing countries.

I placed an advertisement in the local papers and within a day I got a telephone call from Martin who had a factory.
His factory produced furniture. “I use wooden railway sleepers” he said.
Poland had exchanged the wooden railway sleepers for concrete ones. So he had bought a lot of them to produce furniture.

He also told me that he had a construction company in Spain who restored the forefront of hotels.
He needed a superviser in Spain to check that the work had been carried out correctly.

“Would you like to go to Spain and do this for me”? he asked.
“Of couse I would like to travel to Spain” I replied.
“I’ll buy the tickets and I’ll collect you on Saturday morning at half past eleven”.
“We’ll fly from Weeze in Germany because it’s cheaper”.
On Saturday morning I’d packed my suitcase and was waiting for the taxi. Twelve o’clock, half past one, still no taxi.
At two o’ clock his girlfriend phoned me “Martin has had an accident, he’s in hospital” she said. He can’t go to Spain” That was a lie. I think she was an accomplice of Martin.
I called his parents and got the answer. “Well I hope you didn’t pay him anything” his mother said. “He tries to cheat people”.

Martin was a crook who tried to cheat people.
Some time later when I was watching the TV programme “Opsporing verzocht” they showed a picture of Martin and why he was wanted.

After I’d stopped the contact with Martin I continued looking for a job..
Luckily I got the address of PUM (Programma Uizending Managers)
I like traveling and working in developing countries so I sent a letter of application to PUM.
The first PUM mission was in Zimbabwe. My colleague and I travelled for three month through Zimbabwe. By car and to remote hospitals by plane named The Mission Aviation Fellowship
We visited sixty mission hospitals. My work was to check over the technical condition of the hospitals and my colleague looked into the organization structure.

Ger

Profile Send private message